Born in 1964 in Stavropol on the Volga.
1983 Graduated from the Samara Art College. Studied at the Class lead by Boris Uvarov the President of the Russian Academy of Arts.
- 1991 - Festival of St. Petersburg Galleries, Manege, St., Petersburg;
- 1991 - "A Week of Russian Culture", Sweden;
- 1992 - "New Contemporary Art", The Christie's, London, England;
- 1993 - "New Contemporary Art", The Sotheby's, Madrid, Spain;
- 1993 - Exhibition at The Russian Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia;
- 1994 - Personal Exhibition at the Business Center "Neptune", St. Petersburg, Russia;
- 1996 - "St. Petersburg Art School", The Necrasov Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia;
- 1996 - "St. Petersburg Landscapes", The ANN Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 1998 - "Vincent Louis Gallery", New York, USA
- 2000-2001 - The Russian Resplendence Exhibition, Fred Kavli Theatre, Civic Arts Plaza, Thousand Oaks, California, USA
- 2003 - Eclectic Russian Contemporary Art, Barette Gallery, Santa Monica College, Los Angeles, CA
Gorlanov is one of the outstanding artists of St. Petersburg. He follows the best traditions of Russian painting. His works perfectly express the mood. The roots of his style are at the Art of a famous Russian artist of the end of XIXth century Isaac Leviathan.
A. Gorlanov is very well known in Russia and abroad. His works are represented in many private collections in Spain, Italy, France, Sweden, Austria, Australia, Germany, Russia.